29.8.13

0 Adventures with My Dad!

29.8.13

I know I haven't posted in a few days, and today I only have a picture of the past to post. I guess this will coincide with "Throw Back Thursdays". Anyways, today I spent my whole day with my dad, I was actually suppose to head out with one of my friends Pau, for some real Parisian cafe experience, but that will be for next week. I felt that I needed some down time with my dad, so the whole day my dad and I went out and had a father-daughter type of day. We went to Yorkdale together, he helped me apply again for jobs (I just graduated so I have been applying for full-time work right now, in between all my outings), brought me out for ice cream, and bought my brother and I dinner. My dad has a very tough exterior, and he is very strict but has a very soft heart, and its all due to everything he has gone through growing up. He helped me learn to appreciate life, to love family, to pray, to be thankful with every simple act, to have faith and live life to the fullest. He has never rushed me into anything and let me do what I want. 

Most of my friends know I do not talk about my dad very often especially since, he is the quiet type. But for the most part we can be very understanding to each other and people may think I am closer to my mom but I guess its because I don't talk about him and my mom is always around and gets along with all my friends, its indeed true, but there are things only my dad understands that my mom would never and thats where we are close.  He always says that I am his little sunshine (although I am already 24 this year O.o). He still treats me like a princess. I learnt today I can't take advantage of the limited time I have left with my parents as they have reach more than half of there lifespan and I have reached almost quarter way. Spend time with your family and friends who are close to you because every breathing moment is very special. 

This song yesterday is what got to me: https://soundcloud.com/twolimes/feat-philtre-sbs  (This song is actually in Korean. haha! But this song is about the singer life and how he misses his grandfather's bike)

No comments :